L00t

Great Server Debate

15 posts in this topic

It's been a REALLY long time since DL actually played WoW together as DL. Let's try to make that happen again. 

My proposal is that we, as a community, should choose ONE horde server and ONE alliance server where we will play as DL. A lot of us are at the point in our lives where we can pay for a server transfer, have a 100 level boost, or can just plain level fast. If none of these conditions apply to you, we can personally talk about other options.

What server does everyone play on and what servers do you recommend that we should play on as a community?

We have a guild established on Kil'Jaeden but I know some serious raiders on Thrall. I'd like to get some end-gamers going on and steal them since I know them locally... haha

I would highly debate it's "established". Yes it exists. Yes, it's dead. Yes the server is almost dead now too it seems. Established I see defined as something that is more than just existing.

Lets try THRALL for a week or two and decide then... I have a level 100 Mage there, and I'll transfer my 90 priest.

I think we should stick to where we all are right now and make a group decision about where to go - still really early planning :) 

there are loads of people who aren't even registered yet who play seriously. like @Fatholien you haven't posted - what server do you and romy play on right now? i know olan plays seriously too. and i'm missing a ton

On 7/8/2017 at 9:32 PM, Blood said:

I would highly debate it's "established". Yes it exists. Yes, it's dead. Yes the server is almost dead now too it seems. Established I see defined as something that is more than just existing.

Blizzard offers a service to move a guild from one server to another. Let's figure out where we wanna start gaming, and look into that. I would donate money for said service.

I agree that we can probably leave the old guild behind, seeing as the only asset it would provide is whatever was in its guild bank. While I myself don't have a good server suggestion (since I mostly play on low population servers like Eitrigg and Kil'Jaeden), I can say that whatever we choose I can easily server transfer a toon there since I have a high level priest and druid.

I just wanted to share a  conversation between myself and a former commander.

I told you to find your own server that's better than this one already
but, you didn't listen to that
this server was good 3 years ago, things change
you always have to research and find a good server when you are making one, not 3 years later to resurrect a dead on
server dynamics always change

With that being said, I'd like to suggest THRALL, which is a NORMAL, MEDIUM server. More Gamers than Kil'Jaeden.

The Blizz service I was talking about is this right here.

www.dropbox.com/s/4d0pyr92119l4t8/guild_realm_transfer.jpg

What level are you on Thrall now?

You'd literally be wasting money on a transfer for a guild that doesn't have jack shit, literally. I've said a few times, make one. You'll have literally everything the dead one does, and probably more because someone plays in it. We have nothing in bank, no gold, very very few achievements that are extremely easy to get btw.

Also, once we figure out server situations, we'll also need to figure out who plays what classes and specs and figure out groupings for things like raids, such as, do we have tanks/heals (are they good), what dps do we have, can we put together 5 man dungeon groups or full on 25 man raid groups, ect.

I'm almost 101, just finished up with my first artifact (mage) for DPS..

I'll see what I can do. I've been getting help with some friends on that server and they are always raiding. I think it's a good model to follow.